lunes, 9 de diciembre de 2013

Ex Convento de Santo Domingo de Guzmán, Tlaquiltenango, Tlaquiltenango

Location: Tlaquiltenango, Tlaquiltenango
Date of foundation: 1540
Monastic order that constructed it: Franciscans started it and the Dominicans concluded it in 1540.
Main functions: Monastery and school.
Architectural styles used: Baroque.

Curious facts about the site: Unlike other monasteries, the cloister is located on the north side and the church on the south side. It houses many fragments of Tlaquiltenango codices, attached to the friezes of the cloister from its franciscan period. The codices were made of bark paper in black, red and blue inks.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario